Download the pdf.
YorkArts, a nonprofit education-based arts organization in York, PA, has a job opening for Executive Director. The organization has recently completed a successful capital campaign and when construction is complete, the programmatic opportunities and new facilities will set the stage for an exciting future for arts and creativity in York County. A new mission, vision and strategic plan are in place for the next leader. The Executive Director with support of staff and Board of Directors will lead the agency to achieve the goals set in the strategic plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director must have a clear ability to further YorkArts’ mission. The E.D. will be responsible for overall operation of the agency including personnel, finances, programming, public relations, facility oversight, such as:
- Develop and comply with an annual budget
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain high-performance employees. Produce a cohesive team and collaborative working environment
- Working with the Program Director, ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality
- Working with the Director of Development and Marketing, ensure robust fund development and communications. Personally build and nurture relationships with political, corporate and civic leaders primarily in pursuit of new financial resources
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors and seek and build board involvement with strategic direction
- Actively engage and energize YorkArts volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders
- Represent YorkArts to the public. Serve as YorkArts’ advocate at public input meetings including state and local as necessary
The position requires positive interactions with all donors, community members and staff. The Executive Director must be ethical and forthright in all communications.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Functional skills include: Demonstrate initiative, excellent communication skills (written and verbal); attention to detail and follow-through; data analysis and problem-solving skills; staff management, listening ability; strategic thinking and planning, organizing and prioritizing work skills; understanding of public relations; working with volunteers; flexibility and openness to a changing environment; teamwork, honesty, confidentiality, ethics, dependability and effective work habits.
Technical skills include: Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience using customer/donor database systems; excellent verbal and oral presentation skills. WordPress/blogging experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum of five years in a leadership/management role, including experience in communications, sales or fund development, and programming.
- Occasional evenings and weekend hours required.
- Valid driver’s license
Please submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements and minimum of three professional references to yorkartsED@gmail.com no later than September 18, 2015. No phone calls please.